Career opportunity at Fortino’s
Title –Merchandising Manager, Deli
City – Hamilton
Employment Type – Full Time
Reports to – Sr. Director, Deli, HMR and Bakery
The Merchandising Manager is a pivotal role which provides required support to Senior Director, District Manager and Franchisees to develop and maintain merchandising strategies to meet organizational objectives. Effective management of all merchandising to ensure great execution on both merchandising standards in order to achieve growth in sales, profit and market share
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop action/business plans for stores based on P & L to increase sales and department contributions.
- Provide guidance to Franchisees and department managers. This would include assisting with training requirements and level of coaching necessary to deliver expectations, assist when asked in providing feedback of performance and areas for improvement and development, assist with setting specific department standards, specifications (skills set and qualifications).
- Provide ongoing feedback to stores, DM’s for such things as balancing the skills set of the department to the volume/layout of the stores, assisting in succession planning discussions based on observations.
- Ensure a high standard of planogram compliance and completed to the standard of execution that is communicated. Ensure department adherence to audits i.e. LAR, H & S, Food Safety etc.
- Working knowledge of all departments within their area of responsibility.
- Identify areas of opportunities and prioritize stores that will receive focused Specialist support.
- Identify list of bottom 20% of stores in area and develop and execute an improvement plan with the assistance of the Director and Sr. Director.
- Working with assigned Specialists to ensure department adherence to company policies/procedures and consistent execution process and strategy. Determine how variances from policy or strategy should be addressed.
- Act as a liaison to ensure effective collaboration between stores and merchandising, applying expertise in both fields to help provide clarity and reach agreement on specific standards of execution.
- Required to analyze department performance and provide feedback. Develop action plans to address any gaps in performance or procedure. Follow up with key stakeholders on prior feedback/action plans in order to ensure continuous department improvement. Keep Sr. Director and District Managers abreast of progress on improvement plans in their respective stores.
- Identify stores that require priority assistance reducing shrink, develop action plans with Specialist, and Franchisees to address this issue, and work with them to implement the action plan.
- Work with others on customer complaints and requests for new products to ensure high levels of customer service.
- Ensure that budgets are met and that targets for CLASS measurements are achieved.
- As required, help resolve external issues such as vendor credits and internal issues such as labour scheduling and interpersonal conflicts.
- Track the rollout of new standards and new store openings.
- As required, assist with new store openings and refurbishments.
- Others duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Retail management experience.
- Operational experience as a specialist, preferably in Bakery & HMR
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Leading and motivating others.
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience.
- Merchandising and operations experience would be an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Bakery & HMR operations.
- Ability to develop and execute short and long term plans in line with corporate strategy.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Must have Food Safety training.
- Willingness to follow a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be adaptable to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the collective agreement, Health and Safety policies, practices and laws.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (e-mail).
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Valid Ontario drivers license with ability to travel within Ontario on a semi-regular basis to support store functions.
- Strong problem solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans.
- Must possess good people skills, communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve results.
- Customer focused and able to nurture positive customer relationships.
- Highly organized and has a high degree of attention to detail.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the attention of Angela Gaitan, Human Resources Coordinator, <mailto:email@example.com> ) by September 9, 2015.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Cheesewerks Hiring all Positions
Cheesewerks is a new independent family-owned, premium-counter service restaurant and retail experience in Toronto’s King-Bathurst neighbourhood. We will be serving up artisan grilled cheese, house-made soups, fine cheese and gourmet grub that you can enjoy with a glass of wine or small-batch artisan brew.
We are seeking to build a dynamic and wonderful, outgoing and energetic team with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide excellent service to every guest.
Positions available are: Assistant and Shift Managers, Counter and Retail customer service, Grill Crew, Kitchen Prep and Dishwashers.
• Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas;
• Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils;
• Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, ovens, stove or mixers;
• Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity;
• Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by guest, and prepare and cook food according to instructions;
• Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking;
• Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared;
• Cook and prep batches of ingredients/products, such as meats, cheeses, fruit, pickles, dessert items, along with grilling of sandwiches which are prepared to order;
• Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously;
• Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases;
• Prepare soup(s), following recipe;
• Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times;
• Supervising, training and motivating kitchen staff;
• Consistently follows recipes and procedures and adheres to CHEESEWERKS™ standards.
• 2+ years experience in a kitchen prep or line cook role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong language and communication skills
• Dependable, enthusiastic, dynamic player
To Apply we need 4 things:
- Your Resume
- Your Schedule availability
- Your Pay expectations
- Why you will be the best hire we’ll ever make.
• Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Plus, your email Subject Line needs to indicate the ROLE you are interested in
No phone calls or recruiters please!
For more detailed information and minimum requirements on all of the positions available, click here.
Cheese Managers Wanted.
Sobeys is opening two new stores in the Ottawa area and is looking for two cheese experts to manage the departments. Applicants must be cheese lovers with at least two years experience in cheese retail or related cheese industry. In addition to leading a staff of 4-6 people, managing sales and margins, the manager must be able to create dynamic displays. 80% of managers time will be spent on the floor talking to customers, selling, tasting, advising and slicing. For more information, please contact Andy Shay at email@example.com.
Senior Category Manager, Cheese, for a large Canadian retailer
The Senior Category Manager has ultimate accountability for the sales and EBIT of a category across all formats. This includes all functions that impact these financial objectives, including determining product assortment, pricing, promotion, and planogram layout, liaising with marketing, conducting financial analyses, reporting, and monitoring store execution.
·Develop, monitor and manage within annual operating budgets.
·Achieve national category P&L and GMROI for assigned category, including inventory carrying costs.
·Implement product assortment, sales and buying plans in order to achieve category targets. Review implementation throughout the year, adjusting as required to meet targets.
·Deliver against control label objectives in order to achieve annual sales, market share and profit objectives.
·Ensure that the control label brand product development process is consistent with established standards for assigned category.
·Communicate category, category change and activity, and merchandising standards for each format.
·Participate in setting merchandising direction for each retail format for assigned category.
·Develop and implement promotions and programs for the assigned category.
·Work collaboratively with the leader of the Processes and Controls group to develop standardized tools and processes (i.e. product assortment, category management, vendor negotiation and management, reporting and metrics, pricing and inventory management).
·Collaborate with Format Merchandising Captains in developing programs applicable in each format.
·Manage, train, motivate and appraise direct reports. This includes explicit consideration of on-the-job training needs for each direct report, arranging appropriate training, and providing timely feedback.
·Post secondary education (university or college) or equivalent experience
·Experience managing P&L statements preferred
·Proven ability to lead and motivate teams
·Proven ability to develop short and long term plans in line with corporate strategies
·Excellent communication skills
·Ability to gather and synthesize customer and market insight and information in the product identification and development process
IQ PARTNERS Inc.
Georgia Nord, Recruiting Consultant
T 416.599.4700 ext. 253