In less than three months, thousands of cheese lovers will be in heaven at the second annual Great Canadian Cheese Festival.
It’s the one and only event in Canada whose chief objective is to promote Canadian cheese and cheesemakers and the consumption of Canadian artisan, farmstead and specialty cheese.
Advance tickets are on sale online for the June 1-3 Festival in Picton, Prince Edward County, Ontario’s fastest-growing gastronomic destination. Space is limited so don’t delay in buying tickets.
- Taste and purchase Canadian cheese from coast to coast
- Meet leading cheesemakers from Quebec, Ontario and the rest of Canada
- Learn about the best in Canadian cheese at special presentations by Dairy Farmers of Canada in the All You Need Is Cheese Annex
- Enjoy amazing cheese dishes at the Cooks & Curds Gala prepared by outstanding chefs such as Jamie Kennedy of Jamie Kennedy Kitchens, Toronto, and Michael Blackie of the National Arts Centre, Ottaw
- See the animals that produce milk for cheese at the Festival Dairy Farm. Try milking a cow!
- Let experts such as Julia Rogers, Andy Shay, Vanessa Simmons and Janice Beaton fuel your passion in tutored cheese tastings
- Take a cheese tour of Prince Edward County
- Learn to cook with artisan cheese at From the Farm Cooking School.
- Eat out at County restaurants featuring cheese-themed dinners
- Share your passion for cheese with kindred spirits from across Canada
It’s a win-win scenario for hundreds of producers and thousands of consumers. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds funds a scholarship for young Canadians pursuing a career in cheese.
Only Canadian cheesemakers who turn the pure milk of Canadian cows, goats, sheep and water buffalo into cheese, using no modified milk ingredients (MMI), are invited to participate in the Festival.